Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Frosh - A Prologue of Sorts

“I love you, Lisette.”

My heart stopped beating. I felt it as it just stopped cold in my chest. It dropped like lead into my stomach, and I could already feel the acid churning and sloshing; eating away and destroying it. I had never truly been in love before; never known heartache. I had always walked away from relationships feeling nothing, just as I had walked into them. The ring burned on my finger, an angry reminder of all the promises I had broken to someone I thought I had loved.He didn't deserve this.

I never should have gone to that party. I wouldn’t be standing here now, feeling cold and alone despite the hot breath searing against my neck. I wouldn’t be saying goodbye to someone I never should have fallen in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment